Monday, February 21, 2011

Starting on ISU

So my ISU will be the study of the effect paint has on the environment.

I have decided to use beans to experiment with.  They are pretty much the quickest plants to grow with a quick turnover.  52-57 days.  If I start today, that will mean I will hopefully start getting results in a month's time.

I'll be watering the plants with different types of paints to study the effects of paint on the 'environment', which in this case is the plant and the soil.

Three types of paints will be used.  Environmentally friendly, regular oil based paint, and regular acrylic paint.  Two concentrations for each, one with 60% and the other with 40%.  Finally, two plants that just grow with regular water.

My biggest question now is... do I have to write up a hypothesis, and a prelab?  I have actually never done a formal experiment on my own before.

No comments:

Post a Comment